Foodstuffs North Island Limited (FSNI) is committed to protecting your privacy. We have robust systems in place to provide you with services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act).
The Services (as defined below) are intended for use by people located in New Zealand and are not intended for use by anyone located outside of New Zealand.
- use FSNI’s website;
- send a query or complaint to FSNI’s website; and/or
- any other services we provide now or in the future,
(together, the Services).
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
From time to time we may collect or request personal information from you in the course of providing you, or by you accessing and using, the Services. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
3. WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information we may collect when you access and use the Services includes your name, postal and delivery address, email address, phone number and any other information that we request.
Providing personal information is voluntary, however, if you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all of the Services.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information in order to provide you with, and allow you to access and use, the Services.
By accessing and using the Services you agree that we may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
- To assist in providing the Services that you request, including to contact you about your use of the Services. For example, if you made a query or complaint, we may contact you about your query or complaint;
- To take actions required to keep your information secure;
- To enhance your overall experience of the Services;
- To build a view of you as a customer by collating all personal information that FSNI, Foodstuffs, and our partners and service providers, hold about you, including collected via any Foodstuffs’ managed platforms or services, in a single profile, so that we can analyse and improve your experience and the services provided to you by FSNI; and
- Such other purpose we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Foodstuffs, our partners and service providers.
Where possible, FSNI will collect your personal information directly from you.
5. DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you with, or by you accessing and using, the Services, including where you register for an account to use the Services, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. By using one or all of the Services you agree that we may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to:
- a Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
- a franchisee of Foodstuffs;
- a third party outside of FSNI who is contracted to us (or Foodstuffs) to provide a particular service to you on our behalf;
- a third party outside of FSNI who is contracted to us (or Foodstuffs) to provide a particular service to us (or Foodstuffs); and
- third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
6. COOKIES AND TRACKING
We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the website;
- ensure any content (which may include any advertising) is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
- enable us to serve targeted advertising to you (on our website and elsewhere).
By using the Services you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the website.
7. ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various web and/or email analytics tools to collect information about your activity when you use the Services through our website. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools may be information about you (e.g. products or services that you engage with on the website) or anonymous information (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the website). By accessing and using our website, you consent to our use of such analytics tools to collect information about your access and use of the Services through our website.
9. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is very important to us and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed, and it is your sole responsibility to protect access to any emails you receive from us that provide access to your account. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Foodstuffs will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
10. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be held by Foodstuffs North Island Limited at 35 Landing Drive, Mangere, Auckland, 2022 and/or by one or more of Foodstuffs' trusted data service providers. Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. To access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 245 114. We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.
Last updated: 30 September 2021